NORTH CAROLINA HIGH SCHOOL TENNIS COACHES’ ASSOCIATION
ARTICLE I: PURPOSE
The purpose of the North Carolina High School Tennis Coaches’ Association (NCHSTCA) is to promote high school tennis in North Carolina. To that end, the NCHSTCA shall update its website (www.nchighschooltennis.com), conduct regular top-ten polls, select and recognize All-Region and All-State teams, maintain a close relationship with the North Carolina Tennis Association, and the North Carolina Tennis Foundation, and do whatever else it deems necessary to promote North Carolina prep tennis.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
Membership is limited to North Carolina high school tennis coaches. Prospective members shall register on the NCHSTCA website. Dues shall be established by the Board of Directors. Each member shall be entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to a vote.
ARTICLE III: MEETINGS
The NCHSTCA Board shall hold at least two (2) meetings per year, one coinciding with the winter Tennis Weekend, and one in June, in Greensboro, NC. These meetings are open to the general membership. A general meeting will be held in mid-July in Greensboro, in conjunction with the NCCA Coaches’ Clinic, for the purpose of conducting matters of business to promote NC prep tennis. Members will be notified of upcoming meetings no fewer than ten (10) days prior to the event. A quorum, consisting of at least fifty percent (50%) of Board members, must be present before business may be transacted, or motions made or passed.
ARTICLE IV: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board shall consist of eight (9) members: five (5) officers and four (4) additional representatives, one from each of the state’s four (4) classifications. Board members shall receive no compensation, other than any such reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out their duties, for which prior approval has been given by the president or the Board.
Directors will be elected by a majority vote of current members, as determined by the membership list. Members will be allowed to volunteer to be considered for the Board of Directors. The current Board will choose a slate of officers, using geographical and other considerations, at the January meeting. This slate of officers will then be presented to the membership for a vote via the NCHSTCA website, from March 1 to April 1.
The five officers listed below are current members of the Board of Directors, and must attend all NCHSTCA meetings. Each will serve for a term of four (4) years. Elections will be held every four (4) years, in the summer before a new NCHSAA realignment. At the end of the term, or when a vacancy on the Board exists, nominations for new members may be submitted to the Secretary two (2) weeks before the next Board meeting. These nominations shall be used to select a replacement.
1. President – The president must see that the basic services of the NCHSTCA are effectively carried out. Specifically, the president, with the assistance of the other Board members, is responsible for conducting the business of the organization. The president will update the NCHSTCA website with current information on a regular basis, and will communicate with officers and others to supervise and assist in effective execution of duties.
2. Vice-President – The primary responsibility of the vice-president is to assist the president in any duties necessary to benefit the NCHSTCA. Specifically, the vice-president will chair committees on special subjects as designated by the Board.
3. Secretary – Responsibilities of the secretary will include keeping the official minutes of all Board meetings, keeping records of Board actions, and distributing copies of minutes to each Board member, in addition to helping the president with any duties he requires.
4. Treasurer – The treasurer must collect all membership dues and record all monetary transactions by the NCHSTCA. The treasurer will also provide a treasurer’s report at every meeting, detailing the revenues and expenditures for that financial period. All checks, drafts, and other orders for payment of money shall be signed by two (2) officers.
5. Technologist – The technologist is responsible for maintaining our NCHSTCA website and for providing us insight into technology.
ARTICLE V: COMMITTEES
The Board may create committees as needed, such as fund-raising tournaments, etc. The Board president shall appoint all committee chairs.
ARTICLE VI: AMENDMENTS
These By-Laws may be amended when necessary by a vote of the majority of those members present at any of the called NCHSTCA meetings, or by a majority of those voting on the NCHSTCA website.
Adopted this____day of__________, 2007, at a meeting of the Board of Directors of the North
Carolina High School Tennis Coaches’ Association.
Amended June 16, 2010.